I suck...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nigel Wilkins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006
Like?
Re: I suck...
In reply to Donald B, 9 months ago

Donald B wrote:

Its not that our photography sucks, its just that we don't have the money to spend on photography as others do. at our local camera club members travel the world just to take competition photos, me the local park is all I can afford . I'm involved in dance photography, and have a school to shoot in 2 weeks, but love visiting Richard Calmes dance photography it would rate as one of the best in the world , I would love to spend 6 hours photographing one dancer for the ultimate shot , I get 1min max when shooting the schools. LOL

cheers don

Sorry Don, but this is utter rubbish.  If you want to take a shot of something specific, make it happen.  How hard can it be to get dancer to do what they love and get free photos?

I see many excellent images taken within walking distance of the photographers home.  In fact, travelling a long distance to do photography is usually counter productive.  Think landscapes, which is my speciality.  You can spend $3000 travelling half way around the world, only to find the weather's not what you want & you come home with a load of dreary grey snapshots.  On the other hand, you can sit at home studying the local weather, then go out when it starts looking interesting & get some amazing shots.

Look at it another way, if I go for a walk & take some photos in a local 16th century church, then sent them to you, 10,000 miles away, would they be any better for the distance?

I have little money for travelling, but I'm very happy with my work.  If you're not happy with yours, money is in no way to blame, unless you can't afford any kind of camera.

-- hide signature --

nigelwilkinsphotography.com
Everything to do with photography is a guideline. The only rules are generally enforced by the police.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow