ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greenduck
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
Issues with image size and quality on MacBook Pro Retina
10 months ago

Hi all

I'm having some irritating issues with my MacBook Pro Retina and Photoshop 6 with retina support. 
It's kind a difficult to explain, so hang in there. I will do my best.

First, my MacBook is running the highest resolution OSX will allow (1680x1050). I know there are 3rd party apps which allows me to run even higher resolutions and even native resolution.

When I resize and image in Photoshop (let's say to 800x532) and then show the image at 100% it's much smaller than it should be. I know it sound strange. But if I save the image to the desktop and opens the image in OSX it shows the correct size, but quality is very low. Very pixelated like you had zoomed in to 200%. First I thought it had something to do with the PPI settings in Photoshop but there's no difference whether I set it to 72 PPI or 300 PPI.

I have attached a screenshot below so you can see how an 800x532 image is shown in Photoshop and Safari/OSX image viewer.

Is there any solution to this or is this just how retina works?

Greenduck's gear list:Greenduck's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow