FZ70 or Fuji HS50?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary S
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,040
Like?
Re: FZ70 or Fuji HS50?
In reply to Stevie Boy Blue, Oct 16, 2013

I've never shot with the Fuji HS50 but it sure looks better on paper with the feature list and the specific specs of those features. I'd like to try it sometime. Somebody else would have to comment on using that one. I will say it's not that easy to shoot at the FZ70's 1200mm reach. It takes decent lighting and a steady hand. I've never felt a tripod is actually required though. The stabilizer is quite good.

I'm getting the impression from your message that you're itching to buy a new superzoom right now, is that right? Buying something other than Panasonic wouldn't bother me at all. If Panasonic comes out with something even better later I'd consider that too, sell whatever I have or use it for a gift to someone.

If you're not in any hurry just wait for the rest of the year, see what develops in the 4th quarter here.

I don't like to do a lot of post processing, don't have the patience. These pics below have minimal. Some quick NR with Neat Image, a little contrast adjustment, sized & sharpened. I like the "reach" of the FZ70, not really thrilled about the rest of the camera. It's probably because I already have the nice FZ200 and FZ150, as well as DSLR gear. Depends on what you compare it to I guess.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow