Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Promit
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Assume A mount dies. Now what?
10 months ago

This is not without precedent; Olympus spent four years affirming their "commitment" to 4/3rds DSLRs and lenses, then told those guys that the EM-1 was their successor camera. So let's assume for a moment that things go exactly the same way in Sony land. No more A cameras, no more A lenses. All A lenses work fine via adapter, for some definition of fine. Adapter may or may not be SLT, who knows. Handling may or may not suck.

If this is how it plays out, what do you do? Do you move to E mount? Do you keep the A lenses or sell them? Or do you tell Sony to get bent and go to a different brand? Or maybe just hunker down and make do with what you've already got?

Personally I'd be split halfway between a jump to E mount and a jump to more m4/3 equipment. I bought into SLT for video and PDAF (separately) but Olympus has PDAF and Panasonic has video. I like a lot of the A lenses as well, Panasonic is too expensive but prices will come down. If a GH3 successor can do PDAF... It might depend on the ergonomics of how an adapted A7000 or whatever feels.

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a77 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow