Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob Sims
Contributing MemberPosts: 546Gear list
Like?
No future for the RX1... ?
Oct 16, 2013

Was looking at Brian Smith's preview of the A7r  and came across the following photo:

RX1 (left) vs. A7r (right)

Could it be that the RX1 will simply go down as a footnote in camera history as the first compact FF digital... significant but unfortunately superseded within a year by refined interchangeable lens version for a similar cost?

In a way, could it be like the R1 that came before it? Such a unique proposition, with image quality above it's peers, but ultimately confined to the niche because of its quirks, limitations and ultimately price. Treasured by those who bought it, but effectively an evolutionary dead end.

I've been lusting after an RX1 since I first heard about it but the announcement of the A7 / A7r has, I believe, started me down the road to recovery.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Photos from a Small Planet:
http://sims.smugmug.com/

Rob Sims's gear list:Rob Sims's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +9 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100%New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow