Started Oct 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digger001
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Selection of used Fuji Finepix S series camera
Oct 16, 2013

I used Fuji S5200 for many years and was quite satisfied with picture quality.Then it was stolen.I bought used ,almost new , S3400 and encountered a problem of "painted look" pictures, the picture quality is generally not satisfactory and comparable to one made by good phone camera. I want to sell this one and to buy another camera from Fuji S series, ranged from early S5XXX to HS. Why used? Because of it is cheap, does not attract thieves, does not require close supervision and no worries if stolen. The main requirement is good picture quality.Desirable fast focus and shot ,convenient manual focus,acceptable movies quality. The problem of choice that I encountered is that picture quality of newer camera could be worse that one of older one.With same sensor size 1/2.5 ,the less is resolution the better is picture. Also I suspect that optics in newer cameras could be worse.Big resolution is also not desirable because of picture size on disk grows, 5MP is absolutely enough. So last S4XXX-S3XXX series and possibly some earlier generations are not an option.

Option 1 - old plain S cameras with less megapixels.Which S series S5200 or newer have best picture quality?

Option 2 - HS series in "High sensivity and low noise" mode : does it really work?

Option 3 - S7000 or S9000 that have biggest sensor 1/1.7 or 1/1.6.

All of them have comparable price in used state.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow