Fujifilm F31fd vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 (old standby vs. trendy tech)

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe186
Senior MemberPosts: 1,425
Like?
Fujifilm F31fd vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 (old standby vs. trendy tech)
6 months ago

For the record, I’m not, at all, against this phone (Lumia 1020), Nokia or anything silly like that. Being “against” a phone would be kinda weird, ay? Actually, (Nokia is Finnish) my opinion of the Nordic people, their countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) and their products is quite high. Next to Mercedes, Volvos are my next first choice in automobile preference. You can’t beat Swiss chocolate and those watches are the world’s finest.

Take a few minutes, to read a little about these wonderful places, from the links I’ve provided above. For instance, did you know that LEGO bricks are produced by the LEGO company, headquartered in Billund, Denmark? Nobody can deny the incredible geologic intrigue of Iceland, but did you know that the people themselves are absolutely fascinating? Make a few Icelandic friends online and you’ll see what I’m stating is true. There’s much more to the richness that our Nordic brethren have to offer, you have the above links, but this review, is still about the Fujifilm F31fd vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 (old standby vs. trendy tech).

It’s not about camera vs. phone, nor old vs. new. It’s about, sometimes, a product, a device, instrument, vehicle, etc. just come together really well. Some examples are the Stradivarius string instruments, the Norton Manx, Venetian crystal, French wines, British and Italian sports cars, Marantz home stereos, etc.

My claim is the Fujifilm F30 / F31fd are (is) just one of those times. Skipping all the technical jargon, overlooking all shortcomings, the end result of the lens, sensor, processor, focusing mechanism, etc. all add up up to produce images that are so good, newer cameras have be of such technological wizardry, to compete, that their price is almost prohibitive. Even, many times, with all the new tech, new compact cameras, camera phones, etc. still cannot match the image quality and picture taking experience, that the Fujifilm F30 / F31fd cameras provide. Are they Stradivariuses? No. Could they be considered the ‘67 ‘Vette of the compact camera world? Maybe?

-- hide signature --
Joe186's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
okay
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow