Will the image quality of the A65 considerably improve...

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Elyharbour
Contributing MemberPosts: 583Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes it will - no it won't
In reply to bobbidog, 6 months ago

bobbidog wrote:

But why buy a 24 mio. pixel
machine when not being able to unleash this camera's potential?
This is the reason i long for a better lens.

That's pretty much what I feel as well. The 18-55 kit lens was originally sold on entry-level DSLRs with 10MP sensors and served as means for newcomers to go straight out and get some quite decent shots vs. alternatives of the day. But things moved on, and to bundle this lens with the A57 upwards, and especially the 24MP models always seemed a poor decision to me. It risked people new to Sony being less than "wowed" by their new camera. When I bought my A57, it was body only for this reason. I'd already bought the 18-55 as an upgrade for the original 18-70 kit lens on the A200, and then the 35mm / 1.8 prime and the Sigma 18-50 as further upgrades.

It would be good to see some comparative shots from the 16-50 vs. 18-55. I've thought about this lens myself (and the Tamron 123Mike uses) but although I'd still like to squeeze a little more out of the A57, what I have is probably good enough.

Elyharbour's gear list:Elyharbour's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow