ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jan from UK
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Rotten to The Core 'Big Apple'.
Oct 15, 2013

Rotten to The Core 'Big Apple'.

I know that this will probably only apply to one camera store, and they all won't be like this.

My dearest best friend went into a camera shop, second or third block down from The New York Sheraton Hotel (same side of the road), to buy me a special surprise present whilst she was on her once in a lifetime trip from the UK to New York, USA with her two best female friends. She asked for a good quality 32Gb SD memory card as a special surprise present, knowing that this would fit my camera.

She is a retired teacher in her late sixties, and doesn't have a clue about digital cameras. They assured her that the Transcend 32Gb was the best they had, a 32Gb 45MB/s (300x) at $250. She haggled them down to $150. These maggots sold her a $24 item for $150. Please be warned that there is one Camera shop in New York that is rotten to the core, and full of parasitic maggots.

She was distraught when I told her she had been conned. God bless her .. You can buy this memory card in the UK (from Amazon.co.uk) for £15 ($24).

I know of NO UK camera store that would rob a pensioner in this way ..

-- hide signature --

Jan F

Jan from UK's gear list:Jan from UK's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow