ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BJBBJB
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Slik Pro II tripod center weight hook?
6 months ago

Greetings,

I use a Slik Pro II for light-duty local work and all travels. It works well for me most of the time and I replace the head for video work.

The only issue I have with it is that it does not appear that you can add a center weight hook without some sort of jury-rigging. A “cap” for lack of a better description screws into the center pole, however there is no hook on it. I checked with Slik support and they said they do not sell any kind of accessory plug that DOES have a hook on it for this model.

Hmmmm…so an not-so-elegant solution that I would like to get away from is jamming a fairly large “binder clip” (the black spring kind you clip over a large stack of papers) around and under the cap and screwing the cap on top of it. I can then hang a bag on the clip. This is a little scary if you have something in the bag you care about!

Does anyone else have any better solutions? I know this is not a high-end unit but if I could use a center weight those few times I really need it, that would be nice.

Thanks,

BJBBJB

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow