What's the worst that could happen if the US defaults?

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,459Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the worst that could happen if the US defaults?
In reply to D P O'neil, Oct 15, 2013

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

Walking Dead wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Re: What's the worst that could happen if the US defaults?

hmmm, let's see...

1.4 billion angry, screaming Chinksat your doorstep demanding their money back pronto!

KEV

We will point them northward so they can attack the racists.

Chink is NOT racist...it's like the term Yid, Kraut, or Wop, etc...

It's merely a "nickname" that refers to a specific ethnic group....not race.

There is ONLY "one" race on this planet.

The HUMAN race.

KEV

Ask a Chinese immigrant how they feel about the term.

Everyone in the USA seems to be offended by ethnic based humour.

This is not the case in the UK where I grew up

Benny Hill - Mr Chow Mein

Mimicking, and poking fun at ethnic stereotypes is probably the best British humour.

Here's another example:

The Two Ronnies - Insurance against becoming Jewish

Lighten up - will ya

KEV

Kev, here's a question for you. Would you use any of those terms in when you're not behind a computer screen? Would you call a Chinese person a 'chink'? Or an Italian, a 'wop'? Or a black male, a nig...?

Well that really is not the point, as Kev has pointed out this is stock standard British, Aussie, New Zealand humour, we have no sacred cows, nothing is sacrosanct. Politeness means that we may or may not use these terms face to face, but either way it is not about race per se.

Many Yanks just don't understand this with regard to British-Aussie/NZ humour.

Yes, we have NO sacred cows, Indie-Bums, Paki's or Coons.....that's just the way it is

Incidently we have a collection of nigger boy money boxes on display that does not mean we hate black people, they are just examples of Americana we have collected over the years.

Yes, my wife Krissoula has a large 1920's "Nigger Boy" collectable money box and a "Sweet Tassum Negros on the Porch" framed picture display in our sunroom with other stuff from that era of Americana.

and she is absolutely not a racist in any way shape or form.

KEV

I don't think it has anything to do with nationality. It has more to do with age and growing up in a time where white people could get away with racism.

It has nothing to do with race, you just don't get it because like most of your countrymen you have no sense of humour. It really is that simple. Ffs zombie boy thinks I am a racist because I have a small collection of Jolly Nigger Bank money boxes!

Calling another race names is not humour. As I already said, distasteful jokes are for shallow people, nothing more.

Calling someone a racist for having Black Americana is? I presume you are not a native Aussie, 99% of them have a great sense of humour.

How long have you lived in Australia? I have been here 15 years. I clearly know that Australians don't take racial slurs as jokes or sense of humour. Do the wrong thing at work or in public, there can be serious consequences.

Yeah right whatever, fifteen years and you haven't developed the Aussie humour, let me guess, Chinese, leb? not knownfor their fun loving ways.

Your friends and relatives must be proud to read your comments on this thread, Dennis.
The next time you insult a Chinese on the street, I hope the one who kicks your ass is not Korean or Japanese.

Highly doubtful that that could happen. What is much more likely is that the Chinese will spit on the street, will push arrogantly in front of you rather than wait two seconds, or my favourite, will slowly dawdle across the road in front of oncoming traffic. I haven't managed to hit one yet, but give it time.

If I were a bigot, I would think all 4,487,178 New Zealanders are idiotic racists like you.
Give it time, a racist will show, no matter how well they disguise it.

I no more represent New Zealand than you do Australia

The difference is I am not a disgrace to Australia but you are a disgrace to New Zealand as your comments showed.

Well how do we know you're not?

I had worked for 4 companies of different size in Sydney and have had many staff of different nationalities. I am also respected in the industry.

I worked for my last company for seventeen years also with many diverse nationalities. I sat on the national executive of a large union and am also respected. So your point is what exactly?

You asked the question and I answered it. My point is, you are what you are denying.

Now what exactly in my comments did you misconstrue as being racist? It's ok it was a rhetorical Question. Answer nothing. You like many self professed experts confuse race with culture, as Kev has pointed out on more than one occasion there is only one race (No Robert not Master) and that is the human race. It is perfectly clear to anyone with half a brain, (do you fit that category? ) that some cultures just do not mix well with others, that isn't racist it is simply being a realist. Therefore it is of paramount importance that Governments around the world take note of this when formulating immigration policy. Much like the Aussies do with boat people.

I never said I am an expert. It is not my job to enlighten you, but there is your local Anti-Discrimination Commission that you can consult.

Not sure we have one of those, we have a race relations conciliator, but then I haven't been racist I have been a realist. You should try it.

That's your own assessment. Clearly some people don't agree.

I am sure you are correct, but then no doubt some people don't agree with you either, so again, your point is what?

I am sure you are correct too; you are not the only racist here.

Well I shall leave you to wallow in your racial self pity, try and enjoy your life in your new country, your very lucky.

HRC New Zealand has an answer for you.

[Why racial harassment is wrong

• We all have the right to be treated fairly and with respect.
  • We all have the right to be free from unwelcome racial conduct.]

Self pity?  I pity people like Kev Vincent and you.

-- hide signature --

Bamboo
Defiant of all the beats it takes, it bends ... but not to bow too low,
And it cares not which direction the wind may blow.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow