6D or 70D?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
chris1952
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D or 70D?
In reply to Infucus10, 9 months ago

This is getting a bit stupid.  I have used a 40D for 5 years and it focusses fine - I definitely do not need an expensive upgrade for something that focusses faster!

Personally I am not convinced I need to move to FF at all. Looking at the photos other people shoot I do not see a dramatic improvement coming from the bigger sensor.  It is true in theory but so much more depends on the skill of the photographer.  I know I would miss the reach of the crop sensor often.

The 70D is clearly a big step forward from the 40D; similar IQ on low ISO stills, but much better low light performance and VIDEO.  Actually it is a different way of shooting with such a good auto-ISO capability.  The same goes for 6D of course, but 70D is cheaper and I won't need to change my EF-S 17-55 lens.

My decision is to wait a bit longer.  The key thing for me is image quality on stills and 40D is doing a good job versus the Canon alternatives mentioned here.  Meanwhile the mirrorless systems are improving fast.

chris1952's gear list:chris1952's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow