E-M1: How important is for you the limited artculating screen and high power use?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ClickRick
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
E-M1: How important is for you the limited artculating screen and high power use?
10 months ago

As an enthousiastic Olympus-photographer using E-5 and E-M5 I was very happy when I read about the new E-M1. If possible, money-wise, I would like to buy one sooner or later.

But, although I'm very happy with the introduction of this new gem which can use 4/3 and m4/3 lenses without compromise, I'm a bit dissapointed that the articulating screen of the E-M1 is rather limited compared to the E-5. From a very low angle shooting in portrait-stand the articulating screen of the E-M1 is useless.

Secondly: I do know that mirrorless system cameras do need a lot more power for showing the image in the EVF compared to 'conventional' DSLR's. But I read several reports that the E-M1 uses even more power than the E-M5. So you get less shots out of one or two (when using the battery grip) batteries. Compared to mine E-5 the total shots I can get out of mine E-M5 is rather limited.

I think a professional photographer does't want to carry a basket full of extra batteries for keeping his/her camera operational. The way the Olympus E-5 handles both issues is in my opinion a lot more professional.

What is your opinion about those two drawbacks?

Happy shooting,

Click Rick

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow