In a future Nex-7 - would you like the EVF on top (A7 style)?

Started Oct 14, 2013 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,159Gear list
Like?
In a future Nex-7 - would you like the EVF on top (A7 style)?
Oct 14, 2013

I mentioned this in another thread, but the A7 borrows heavily from the RX-1, and not from the Nex-7.

The reason for the EVF to move top-side is the (much) larger LCD screen in the back.

See the side-by-side in this comparison: Camera size - RX-1 versus Nex-7 - view backsides

Personally, I'd still vote for a future Nex-7 with the smaller LCD and smaller body ...

Assuming that Sony will bring out a Nex-7 successor, would you like it to have the larger LCD, alike the RX-1 and A7, or would you be happy with the current layout?

I am personally biased, I would prefer the Nex-7 layout as it currently is, but I can see the benefits of going to the RX-1/A7 style. It most likely would mean a detachable EVF (more $$$), I think.

Having the 5N with detachable EVF and the Nex-6/7 with fixed EVF (in-body), I find that the 5N takes more space in the camera bag than the 6/7, and I expect that the experience for the A7 will be similar.

For this reason, I vote for a future Nex-7 very much alike the lines of the current Nex-7, and not to be merged into an A7 look with an APS-C sensor inside.

What is your opinion?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
POLL
Yes, I like the larger LCD (A7), please put the EVF on top.
14.6% 12  votes
Yes, I like the larger LCD (RX-1), please make the EVF detachable.
3.7% 3  votes
No, I like the smaller body (Nex-7), please put the EVF next to smaller LCD.
59.8% 49  votes
No, I like the smaller body, but want a tilt-able LCD (GX-7).
13.4% 11  votes
Who cares, the camera is a tool, give me weather sealing!
8.5% 7  votes
What EVF? I use WiFi and use my iphone/droid/tablet all the time...
0.0% 0  votes
  Show results
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow