Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamJRed
Contributing MemberPosts: 540Gear list
Like?
Budget Tripod Suggestions
11 months ago

I'm currently using a worn-out Manfrotto 725B which is budget kit tripod and ballhead to support my Fujifilm X-E1. I like the flexibility I get from the ballhead and it is not too heavy or big to transport, however the head is not staying put over longer periods and the legs also don't also hold tight. After nearly 5 years of use I think it's just given all it's got.

I would like a tripod that is smaller and lighter, as I find that the 725B is sometimes too bulky or heavy to carry around for a day, then is end up missing it. I carry my gear in a Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L so I can fit a tripod in a side pocket if it's small enough, the 725B is a bit too large to transport in that pocket so I use the original bag to transport.

Im willing to skip a ball head if it means getting a more compact tripod. im also wondering if I should be looking for a monopod instead, as I can use it in more populated areas, and there were times I was using my tripod as a big monopod so I'm not tripping people, etc.

My ideal budget is $150 but Im willing to extend it to $200 if the extra $50 can make a big difference...

Thanks in advance for your help!

AdamJRed's gear list:AdamJRed's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Lytro Light Field 8GB Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha 7 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow