Panasonic GX7 or G6, I can't decide!!!!!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
rcjim
Regular MemberPosts: 318Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GX7 or G6, I can't decide!!!!!
In reply to Pic Man, 11 months ago

Pic Man wrote:

If I was going to be using smaller lenses like the 12,14,17,20,45mm primes I'd go for the GX7. If using larger lenses like many of the zooms then I'd probably go for the G6 because of the nicer grip. Remember if you go for the G6 make sure you get a stabilised lens for the video.

I'd still want to try them in a shop just to see what they're like in the hand. Ergonomics can be very personal.

A stabilized lens is also required for the GX7 during video.  For some odd reason, IBIS is disabled during shooting video in the GX7.  Does anyone have a good reason why IBIS is disabled during video?  I'm sure the reason is similar to why Panasonic didn't initially release the black version of the GX7 in the U.S. :rolleyes:

rcjim's gear list:rcjim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow