Started Oct 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
Helping to critic your own work?
Oct 14, 2013

What is the best way to critic your own work. I find that nearly every photo that I take I am not happy with for some reason. I know that the number of keepers is generally very low but on a recent walk around my city i took over 300 photos over a 8 hour period and imo not one of them is worth keeping. When i critic my own work I do not check the CA or the Vignetting, I just make sure that the image is sharp at 100% crop and that the image is properly exposed and is level. When I show friends or family they say that my photos are excellent and that there is nothing wrong with them. Am i just been to harsh on myself or do friends and family not know what to look for in a photo. I have attached a few photos from the past week to give you a idea of what I take. Im also interested to know if anyone else has felt that their work is poor yet they have been told that it is actually very good.

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow