Started Oct 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
So many stars...
Oct 14, 2013

I spent the weekend in west Texas shooting Caprock Canyon during the day and night...and while the vistas were amazing during the day it was the night sky that made my jaw drop. This photo was taken near Lake MacKenzie, Texas. Lake Mackenzie is located in Briscoe County, Texas 12 miles northwest of Silverton and 27 miles east of Tulia, pretty much in the middle of nowhere but just what I was looking for.  The night sky was amazing and the rock formations brought to mind photos I have seen of Monument Valley.  I did not expect to see this in Texas.  The only illumination was by a very bright the half moon.  The rocks are so red they almost don't look real.

Pentax K5 IIs
DA* 16-50mm
ISO 800 15sec exposure at f/3.5

Always best to view the large or original image...

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow