A few butterflys and some glasses... :-) Been a wile.

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photo Cat
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
A few butterflys and some glasses... :-) Been a wile.
10 months ago

I have a K-5 and shoot mostly Sigma lenses.

Butterfly shot for as much in focus as I could get.

Followed this one for a wile trying to make sure I stood in the right spot to keep his wings in focus.   Andy advice on processing...  Used sharpening but high mask and a bit of a post-crop vignette to help soften the edges of the frame and lead your eye more center

pButterfly - Tried to maintain critical focus on body legs and flowers.

This one wouldn't hold still for any thing.  Was constantly moving and flapping his wings.  So I concentrated on keeping the flowers and its' body in focus and fired off a few shots.  This one was by far my favorite.  I de-saturated some of the colors leaving only green and some yellow and orange.

B&W candid... Trying to tell a story.

Finally one of my older B&W shots taken on my first K-5 that had processor issues.  This one surprisingly turned out well.  Lots of my shots were randomly trashed with banding and color issues pinks and greens and almost a snow like noise.  B&H was awesome and swapped it out for me as I started having problems with it less then 2 weeks after I got it home.  Was on a bus this girl was just staring out the window on the bus.  I wanted to give you a feel that we were on a bus but also show her looking out the window and what she was listening to.

Worked on sharpness and contrast, added a touch of vignetting but tried to maintain as much detail as I could.

Andy comments or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Photo Cat's gear list:Photo Cat's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +7 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow