Will the image quality of the A65 considerably improve...

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Questions thread
seilerbird666
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
Re: No
In reply to bobbidog, Oct 13, 2013

I did not say all lenses are created equal or that there are no crappy lenses. What I am saying is that you can only go so far with sharpness in a lens. For example, I use a Tamron 200-500 for my BIF shots. The common wisdom around here is that the twice as expensive Sony G 70-400 is sharper. That is a bunch of bull. I posted an image taken with my Tammy many times and challenged people to post an image that was sharper and no one ever could post one that beat it. Instead people would complain because I had posted the photo too often. It was just a smoke screen to hide the fact that their very expensive lens was no sharper than my moderately priced lens. So I will post it again. I have never seen a shot taken with any expensive lens that was sharper than this>

Look at the detail in the wing. This was hand held at 500mm, the softest zoom and wide open at f/6.3, the softest aperture. So if you want to spend more money on a lens go ahead, but you won't get one that is sharper.

-- hide signature --

My photos:
picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow