Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,087Gear list
Like?
SZ-30MR - An Orchid and a Pukeko
11 months ago

We had the first Morris gig after the winter hiatus, with many members having attended a British festival.

At the West Lynn Garden we did three brackets, and between the 2nd and 3rd one we had a conducted tour. I was not really keen, since I have to water the plants all summer at home, but I did have the camera with me for an orchid or two -

In the shade and at 400 ISO I got a bit of noise in the picture, but there is still detail and saturation.

After the gig I stopped off at the park and lake at Western Springs. The pukeko birds ignored every human, except those who pointed cameras at them. But I did manage to get a few pictures -

There is always some body part that moves fast during an exposure.

At the lake this black-backed gull yelled its head off while I had the camera ready -

You always hear them, but you hardly ever SEE them in mid-scream.

http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner/henry104&page=6

Off Topic: Sandra agreed I can have the SH-50 iHS. That will be next pay day, because this time I will pay for the new camera myself. I have paid up for the Morris Tour next January now.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Olympus SH-50 Olympus SZ-30MR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow