Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steven_k
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
New A mount cameras?
9 months ago

With the release of the new E mount cameras in the next week, yeah they look really nice but I hope in the future Sony does not do what Olympus did, basically release a hybrid type camera that accepts both e mount and a mount lenses.

I have a big investment in A mount glass and would hate to have to use it with some kind of adaptor.

i know everyone wanted a FF Nex which we are going to get, yet the lens situation looks very dismal.

a few Zeiss primes nice but not shipping for a while and some F4 zooms. No way to make faster zooms or primes and keep the size small.. I would have preferred a new A mount mirror less camera with the improved EVF, 24 MP and no AA filter. Yeah it would have been larger then the new NEX but the lenses are all ready there.

I also think that all those people hoping to use there Leica/ Zeiss ZM WA lenses on the new FF NEX will be disappointed . The new Sony will not be a Leica killer. At least at 35mm and wider.

36MP FF NEX, I don't think any of the lenses being announced will do this camera any justice. I think Sony just should have stuck with a 24mp FF solution. 36MP is for the big boys only.

Don't get me wrong a new FF mirror less Sony is very cool, and I would buy one the day it comes out if they did what Fuji did, come out with the camera with 3-4 nice primes. 24/2, 35/2, 50/2, and maybe and 85/2. F2 to keep the size smaller. What I assume is going to happen is it will be literary at least 6 months for most of us to get our hands on the new Zeiss lenses. Heck remember how long it took to get a the E mount 24/1.8 lens? It took forever.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow