Cepheus IC1396, Final try.

Started Oct 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,076Gear list
Cepheus IC1396, Final try.
Oct 13, 2013

Like all things illusive, I just could not give up to try to get a good image of this nebula. And because I don't have a Hubble Space Telescope in my pocket I needed an insane amount of images. But I'm finally satisfied, given my limitations, with a 180mm lens and a Vixen Polarie. I need much more practice with PP, but I can practice with this one. Even with pitch black sky, no pollution, a Canon 60Da, and 4 minutes, 3200 ISO and f.2.8, this nebula is just a hint of grey light and dust lanes on the screen. You have to know where it is to get it, but the yellow star is nice as a guide.

This last image is a total of 120 single frames at 4 minutes, that gives a total of 8 hours exposure time at 1600 and 3200 ISO, done over two nights after moon-set. I think this is the limit of what I can do with what I have. Got to get me a new, easier target ...

-- hide signature --

Free your mind, and your camera will follow...

NoRules's gear list:NoRules's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax 645D Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax Q7
Canon EOS 60Da
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow