Started Oct 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NoRules
Contributing MemberPosts: 942
Like?
Cepheus IC1396, Final try.
Oct 13, 2013

Like all things illusive, I just could not give up to try to get a good image of this nebula. And because I don't have a Hubble Space Telescope in my pocket I needed an insane amount of images. But I'm finally satisfied, given my limitations, with a 180mm lens and a Vixen Polarie. I need much more practice with PP, but I can practice with this one. Even with pitch black sky, no pollution, a Canon 60Da, and 4 minutes, 3200 ISO and f.2.8, this nebula is just a hint of grey light and dust lanes on the screen. You have to know where it is to get it, but the yellow star is nice as a guide.

This last image is a total of 120 single frames at 4 minutes, that gives a total of 8 hours exposure time at 1600 and 3200 ISO, done over two nights after moon-set. I think this is the limit of what I can do with what I have. Got to get me a new, easier target ...

-- hide signature --

Free your mind, and your camera will follow...

Canon EOS 60Da
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow