Focus issues with my 5D Mark III?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
RedYeti
Regular MemberPosts: 210Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus issues with my 5D Mark III?
In reply to lyons01, 11 months ago

Does this happen with all lenses or just a particular one? As the other posters have pointed out, you should probably provide a couple of sample images and a bit more information to help us diagnose the problem.

Based on what you've said however, my guess is that you are seeing some front or back focusing, due to the lens+camera combination not being in perfect alignment. To a certain extent this is "normal", and can be corrected via the AF -> AF Microadjustment menu option. It can be a tricky procedure to get right but in my experience at least it is well worth doing, I've noticed significant improvements in AF accuracy with some of my lenses and hopefully you will too.

This article talks you through some of the approaches you can use to set the AF Microadjustment: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/1ds3_af_micoadjustment.html

RedYeti's gear list:RedYeti's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow