Which super zoom bridge camera would you recommend and why?

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Brad99
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,022
Like?
Re: Which super zoom bridge camera would you recommend and why?
In reply to Dr JLW, 11 months ago

Dr JLW wrote:

I can't tell which is best but I suggest you consider the Fujifilm HS-50. It goes out to 1000mm equivalent and reported to focus very fast and track well. The Fujifilm fine px section has some impressive bird shots.

I do not do a lot of bird shooting but when I do I sometimes add a external flash to get a sparkle in the bird's eye.

The article that made the FZ200 tops also had the Fuji HS50 in the test.  One enlightening test was a full zoom crop of an outdoor shaded bush/twigs type of shot, choosing 1/250sec on all cameras.  Obviously, the ISO varied all over the place on the cameras as their widest apertures varied so much.  Most images were atrociously bad, except the FZ200 by a country mile as it was quite detailed and unsmudged for a 100% crop because it could work at the lowest ISO, followed by the Canon SX50, then the Panasonic FZ72, Fuji HS50, then the next 10 were bad enough to make it impossible to tell the difference.

Cameras tested:-

Canon SX50 HS, SX280 HS

Fuji HS50EXR, X-S1, F900EXR

Nikon S9500, P520

Panasonic TZ35, FZ200, FZ72, TZ40

Olympus SH-50, SZ-15

Sony WX300

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow