Started Oct 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: re: I hope it WILL HAVE all the goodies
In reply to jpr2, Oct 13, 2013

jpr2 wrote:

joger wrote:

actually I could't care less about the camera design - my it be this way or another way - I am searching for a high res sensor that's attachable to my Canon lenses - and that's exactly what the A7R seems to be.

the exact opposite - what is shown on that sketch is worse than a yuckety yuck

I don't care about the outside design of the camera as long as it works and is wether sealed and not too big and not too small to allow a reasonable operation of the buttons

I hope it has not:

• articulating screen

• built in flash

great hopes that it will have a fully articulated LCD, and tiltable built-in flash akin to that on my N7 !!

I won't use both the articulating screen and built in flash if it is present - so no problem if they build it in also

I hope it get's:

• GPS and WiFi

could not care less for both

You tag all your images later on - fine with me - I'd rather like to use my iPad Mini II with a real high res screen connected vial WiFi with tethering

• and outstanding 3x Mpixel sensor

agreed;

in fact that the only thing that really matters to me - since Canon has no real high res sensor that is good - no development since the 5D II - a real mess

• a good 3rd party adapter with full operation for the aperture for my EF lenses

• agreed again, and yes it should provide full aperture control,
  • IS activation for EF lenses;
  • allow the lenses to operate wide open upon focusing and stop down to a preset aperture only on full-press;
  • and provide at least as many AF options as the current Conurus mark II smart adapter (or their speed booster, as the FW is the same in both);

fine - I only need Aperture control - the rest is nice to have but not a must have for me - I want >>30 Mpixel - I use my lenses in MF anyhow - from tripod without IS a lot of times

But above all that:

• it will have a greatly improved controls, with plethora of external wheels and buttons, minimizing or even eliminating any need to dig into menus;
  • but should there be any menus left that they'll be at least as good as on top of the line EOSes;
  • and finally that the OSPDF be at least as quick and acurrate as e.g. that on the new EOS 70d; (pretty unlikely, though, as SAR has that it is not even as good ast the best of other mirrorless - which aren't all that good anyway :P);

who cares as long as it has live view and manual exposure and aperture controls and a good histogram to judge the next settings

I could't care less for all the buttons and menus and software options as I never use them - photography is all about the right tool for the job to be done - Canon has no high res camera and the 5D III is a big joke for too much money - looking forward to a 36 Mpixel Sony as sensor for my outstanding lenses

good news indeed

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
don't feed trolls - ignore them

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow