Which super zoom bridge camera would you recommend and why?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,386
Like?
Re: Which super zoom bridge camera would you recommend and why?
In reply to Kings1, 9 months ago

Kings1 wrote:

I trying to buy a super zoom bridge camera to light photo shooting of birds and wildlife with, but the choices are daunting. I tried the Canon SX50, but my hand was to large to hold it correctly and kept hitting buttons on the back and blowing my shots. I'd swear that camera was designed for someone with small hands. I own a Sony SLT A55 and a NEX, but the super telephotos and cost prohibitive for me right now. I simply can not afford a long range Lens for the Sony...

I'm considering the Nikon P520, the Sony HX 300, or thee Panasonic Lumix FZ 70, which one would you choose? Or do you have another brand that is better in your mind?

I should say I'm leaning towards the Panasonic because it can capture raw files, but this isn't a big sticking point to me.

I bought an LX5 partly because it shot Raw files. Apart from finding the mass of menus very fiddly, I didn't think the Raw files were that much better or more useful than the jpgs. It sadly sits on a shelf unused nowadays.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow