Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dylan Johnson
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Re: Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?
In reply to Wheatfield, 9 months ago

Dylan Johnson wrote:

So if you and your 6 year old daughter are out shopping and there's someone with a big camera following you around taking pictures of your daughter, you would be perfectly fine with that? Who knows where these pictures are ending up? You don't know if that person is a pediphile or not. That's why security has to take those precautions.

You are avoiding the question.

Let me ask again: What is the harm in photographing children? Please be specific regarding exactly how a child (or anyone else, for that matter) is harmed by being photographed?

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

It's not the act of taking a picture of a kid that's harmful, but it's what some people might do with the photo after. I'm not saying everyone is a pedophile just because you don't ask for permission, I'm saying that you don't know, that's the thing.
--
Canon 50d gripped, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50mm f1.8, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 430ex II, Carry Speed FS Pro Sling Strap

Dylan Johnson's gear list:Dylan Johnson's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow