Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
JTC111
Regular MemberPosts: 411Gear list
Like?
Re: Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?
In reply to Dylan Johnson, Oct 13, 2013

Dylan Johnson wrote:

Dylan Johnson wrote:

Dylan Johnson wrote:

Dylan Johnson wrote:

Apparently I touched a nerve. My point being that taking picture of random children in the mall may not be illegal but its still not okay, and the tantrum you just had was pretty uncalled for as well. I was simply pointing out what security has to watch for, simple as that, and the example I used of a pedophile is the main reason they have to watch for these things.

I take it you're one of the people who sit in malls and take pictures of kids since you're pretty insistent on defending the people who do, which is really creepy if you ask me, but to each his own.

No nerves touched. I'm simply tired of close-minded people like you who insist on thinking something as innocent as taking a picture of a child into something sinister and ugly. You folks have warped minds, the lot of you.

And no, I've never sat in a mall taking pictures of children. My interests lie elsewhere. But when I see someone at the mall with a camera, I don't instantly think pedophile. Talk about creepy. It feels like you're overcompensating for something, Dylan Johnson.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme" - Richard Thompson

Not really sure what that means but okay. Sorry I have enough respect to ask permission first. Just because you're a photographer doesn't mean you're intitled to take a picture of whatever you want. Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't mean it's not disrespectful.
--
Canon 50d gripped, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50mm f1.8, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 430ex II, Carry Speed FS Pro Sling Strap

IMO, asking permission would be the move a pedophile would make. After all, the pedophile wants to get close to the child, doesn't he? The random guy just taking pictures only has pictures, but the guy who asks permission gets to meet the child, talk to the child, perhaps pose the child, touch the child.

Would I be wrong in jumping to the conclusion that you, Dylan Johnson, are a pedophile because you walked up to me and asked permission to take a picture of my kid?

See Dylan? We can all play these logic games.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo

And again, that's your opinion, I'm more respectful than that. That's just who I am. Being a father myself, I would rather have someone ask permission to take a picture of my son than try and do it without me noticing.
--
Canon 50d gripped, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50mm f1.8, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 430ex II, Carry Speed FS Pro Sling Strap

No, it's not my opinion. Sheesh... you're dense as a boulder. I was purposely being facetious to illustrate my point that you shouldn't be jumping to wild conclusions just because because someone takes a picture of a kid.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo

That's not my conclusion. This all started because I said security has to watch for that type of thing. Personally myself I would rather ask permission first, that's just me. That doesn't mean I think people taking pictures of kids are pediphiles, but it does happen, and I would just rather have permission from a parent to take a picture of their child because that's what I'd want. I personally - IMO - think its wrong to take pictures of kids without permission.
--

And that's fine, but don't imply that we all should follow your rules and to not do so is indicative of some kind of sinister motive.  There are plenty of good and decent people who might take the picture and not ask for permission.

-- hide signature --

Jim Caputo

JTC111's gear list:JTC111's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow