Kevin Patrick
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
Re: That's just lens tester BS
In reply to Absolutic, 6 months ago

Absolutic wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

If I already have 35/1.4 what is the benefit of 27/2.8 besides the size advantage?

I know m43 has 20/1.7 and 25/1.4 discussion (one is significantly smaller and cheaper than the other while both are pretty bright wide open)

However can someone point any reason to buy a 2.8 $450 prime When my 35/1.4 cost me $400 used and an amazing lens that is sharp wide open, pretty light weight.

I am willing to listen. Other than smaller size any other advantages?

AF speed for one. It's extremely fast. In addition it turns either of the larger Fuji bodies into a "flat" camera like the X100/S, which can fit into a bag front pocket. As Chris and others point out, it's an exceptionally sharp lens in the centre.

Now the AF speed advantage if it exists is a real advantage. After all 35/1.4 is not known for its speed or silence of focusing. As for size, is 27/2.8 is flat as a lens on X100?

Don't forget about the X-M1 / X-A1.  I find this lens is a perfect combination with those cameras for a competent and compact solution.  Even better than the XP1 / X-E1.  I think Fuji felt the same way and that is why they moved it slightly downscale by removing the aperture ring.  IQ is still top-notch though.  Can't go wrong on any of the X series cameras.

Kevin Patrick's gear list:Kevin Patrick's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow