Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mbiastock
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?
In reply to spacemn, 6 months ago

spacemn wrote:

Provided that the following rumoured specs turn out correct, will you buy the Sony A7 or A7r?

o 24Mpix / 36Mpix (both are newly developed full frame sensors with specially designed micro lens array - like the Leica M)

o OSPDAF / - (no AA filter)

o Price around $1600 / $2300

o No IBIS

o AF is faster than the RX series, but still not as fast as the best in the mirrorless world

o Both have focus peaking (of course)

o Eye tracking AF

o They are about same size as the Olympus OMD series

o There is an optional vertical grip

o They have Wifi and NFC

o No Tri Navi, they had scroll wheels in front and back (which were very much like nex-7′s) and an exposure comp wheel from RX1 - according to a source

o One source: "the body quality is very good and the camera had a Pentax LX feeling"

o 1/8000 shutter speed

o Weather sealed

O Tiltable screens

o Comes with four lenses at launch (and a roadmap):

Sony G FE 28-75mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS(?) (kit lens - $2000 including the A7)

Sony Zeiss FE 24-70mm f/4 OSS

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f/2.8 (weather sealed)

Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8

...I would buy!

Seriously.  All of these features are really great for the price point.  Under 2k and you are getting a weather-sealed FF mirrorless NEX.  The main draw for me, personally, to the NEX form factor is that I love to use vintage lenses.  Everyone on this forum is who complaining about the lack of lenses at release should consider the low prices of awesome manual prime glass available on Ebay.  Paired with the focus peaking feature (which is insanely awesome) and the manual aperture ring on older lenses, shooting with the NEX is an absolute JOY.  I use a full-frame Canon body for my paid work (real estate photography) but am excited about the possibility of bringing out my collection of primes and slapping them on the NEX FF.  Plus - as with the NEX 7, this new FF camera will have a hotshoe - so you can shoot with off-camera flash using radio triggers.   Hoping LCD is touch-enabled like the NEX 5n since that really helps with manual focus assist in focus peaking mode.  Doesn't look like EVF will be tiltable since hot shoe is on top of it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WANew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow