Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DAndison
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X vs M43 weight and size comparison
In reply to junyo, 11 months ago

junyo wrote:

Red5TX wrote:

APS-C becomes a size disadvantage as you get into longer-range zooms. The Fuji 55-200 is gigantic compared to the Olympus 40-150, which covers the same range. Of course, it's also a better lens.

I agree that the size difference is not substantial enough to matter for standard zooms and most primes.

Agreed, which is why I personally question the logic of buying a small system and then wanting long focal length, large aperture lenses for it. Once you get past 100-135mm you should be looking at an SLR.

But I'm not a birder/hiker/wildlife photographer and my general need for long teles is pretty non-existent so I probably don't understand.

I'm a mountain and outdoor photographer and love the weight saving..... even with the 55-200. The weight of my previous 5dmkii and 100-400L, 17-40L is more than 500g more than the X Pro, 14mm, 35mm, 60mm, 18-55 & 55-200.

In reality, I take the 14, 18-55 & 55-200 when climbing in the alps, Andes or the UK so I have a nice weight saving without losing out on quality! Camera and lens attached to backpack and a lens in each side pocket of the backpack, easily accessible when moving. That lens line up and quality is perfect..... for me anyway!!

Everyone has different needs and it is great that Fuji has provided options for people. I left Sony Nex because of the below par lens capabilities, especially long lenses.

DAndison's gear list:DAndison's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow