Timelapse E-M1 buggy software + pics + thoughts Pt2

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Klein Contributing Member • Posts: 969
Timelapse E-M1 buggy software + pics + thoughts Pt2

So I had a chance to try out the camera over in Sunken Meadow Park, Northport today. I first tried the timelapse function. Im very disappointed in Olympus attempt at this because I have a V1 with timelapse that had a minimum shutter interval 5 seconds. The olympus you can set to 1 second intervals...unfortunately the camera fires approx every 3 seconds. So Olympus why bother giving us the 1 second intervals. Im sure its not my camera. I'd like someone else to try this feature and verify what im saying. Hopefully there will be a firmware update to solve this. The sample i took is on Youtube again nothing special..so before the critics here critique it for subject matter. It was taken as a test only. So besides that I have to say, I've never had a camera like this. I put it on high speed continuous and its like having a machine gun go off..its so fast and the focus for the most part was spot on. Someone here mentioned the tracking wasnt working. I didnt mess with the tracking at all and shot some runners and i'd say 97 per cent were clear. I also shot some seagulls flying around and again for the most part I was able to capture the birds easily. Im using the 60mm 2.8 lens for all these shots as Im waiting for the two zooms olympus is coming out with. It is a pleasure shooting with this small a camera, the grip is great, the viewfinder wonderful. I just started exploring the menuing system as there is a lot to set and Im taking it slowly. The sharpness this lens exhibits blows me away. The colors are great, the exposure good, but a few were overexposed. Today was a tough day as I shot at 1 PM when the sun was the strongest which is a no no...I know. I also found a lazy fly that i was able to get a few shots on. I will need a flash that I can trigger with my other hand. Or get a ring light if i want to do good macro insects shots. I am posting a few from today..and again Im not claiming these shots are amazing so please refrain from the negative critiques if you have nothing better to say...thanks. Im showing what the camera is capable of only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7G7LqDlSWI

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow