What does the Sony SLR community think of the Pentax K3? Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,524Gear list
Re: Two drawbacks
In reply to Jim in Hudson, 9 months ago

Jim in Hudson wrote:

I have no intention of trying to claim Pentax is better than Sony (or vice versa) or that anyone should dump their system for this new Pentax but there is one point of clarification about the rear LCD. Pentax have introduced a custom FLUCARD (for $99) that acts as a remote live view and camera controller for the K-3. Since most DSLR users only use live view on a tripod, on paper it seems like a nifty feature that, when coupled with a smartphone or tablet, potentially eclipses the benefits of an articulated screen. No one has tested it, though.

No one has tested AF speed and accuracy with production firmware, either.

Huh?  how told you Most DSLR users only use live view on a tripod.  That does sound like something a marketing team who never used the product might assume. (I have been in those discussions)

I just got my first Live-View DSLR...  already I am using it to take shots on the ground or to give me a high POV in a crowded room which would  be harder with a phone in one hand etc.

Streaming the view..Its a cool feature and has uses.. but no as a replacement for a movable Screen.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow