Fujifilm XF 27 f/2.8 Lenstip Review

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,379Gear list
Like?
Re: That's just lens tester BS
In reply to Absolutic, 10 months ago

Absolutic wrote:

If I already have 35/1.4 what is the benefit of 27/2.8 besides the size advantage?

I know m43 has 20/1.7 and 25/1.4 discussion (one is significantly smaller and cheaper than the other while both are pretty bright wide open)

However can someone point any reason to buy a 2.8 $450 prime When my 35/1.4 cost me $400 used and an amazing lens that is sharp wide open, pretty light weight.

I am willing to listen. Other than smaller size any other advantages?

Flare-resistant, doesn't need a hood. Has character.

That was a great price you got the 35 for; I agree, I see where you're coming from, seeing as I own both. I think "smallest size" plays a big part if you like street photography and, in fact, any situation where you don't want to intimidate - and believe me, the 35 + hood is big enough to intimidate. The other size-related plus is that you're more likely to have your camera slung around your neck just going up to the shops for a pint of milk, like me earlier:

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow