Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turnstyle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,582
Like?
2 questions about NEX vs DSLR
Oct 12, 2013

Hi all, I've enjoyed my NEX for several years. I'm one of the folks who "stepped up" for point-and-shoot.

For those of you who come to NEX via DSLR, I have two questions. Thanks for any guidance...

1) I gather DSRLs generally have better autofocus (I do know the NEX can take Sony's adapter) -- anyhow, I often find the NEX autofocuses ok -- BUT, it often autofocuses on the wrong thing. With DSLRs, is there some better way to ensure that autofocus has focused on the target you want? (or, for that matter, can you do so with a NEX?)

2) I currently have the NEX7, and I like the viewfinder, and I like that I can change exposure and see the image get brighter/darker. Am I correct that the main advantage of looking through the lens in a DSLR comes at night, when the NEX7 tends to get very noisy? And with a DSLR, to know you like the exposure, do you have to take a shot, and then look at it on the DSLR screen? Is there any camera that lets you switch between optical and LCD view, so you can use whichever you think advantageous at any given time?

thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow