X-E2: Is it enough of an upgrade for you?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Not this round...
In reply to dotborg, 11 months ago

The new features of the rumored XE2 are not enough for me to even consider upgrading. They are great and very welcome, and in my opinion enough to justify an 'S' version not a mark II designation but it is what it is, at least that is what the rumors indicate.

Im not a 'latest and greatest' kind of guy, but more of a 'does it do what I need'.

So I will pass this round, the new features are certainly welcome but will make nearly zero difference in my ability to take pictures.

I am more interested in the organic sensor they are working on for better DR and possibly cleaner high ISO. Even if that is Fuji's intent for a X-Pro2 I will likely wait until well after that ships and prices come down.

For those just getting into the Fuji X system the XE2 is worth the wait. For those that shoot stills and have truly mastered their XE1, these new features are nice but may make little difference in practice.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow