Getting NEX FF wouldn't improve my low light performance?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,128Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting NEX FF wouldn't improve my low light performance?
In reply to dpyy, 10 months ago

Hi,

The OP asked about low light performance from FF and the new native FE lenses.  Perhaps that's his reason for considering FF, and that's perfectly valid.  A fundamental problem with the responses in this thread is that people want different things from FF.   They then respond from the position of their own unique needs and preferences, and describe others' reasons for wanting FF as a waste of $, or a luxury they don't need, etc.

If I look at the many posts here and elsewhere there are multiple reasons for considering FF.  They include

• Compact/portable FF compared to FF DSLR
  • Use of high grade legacy glass 
  • use of existing lenses at native FOV.
  • Better sensor low light sensitivity
  • Lower noise for same res or higher res for same noise (take your pick)
  • Shallower DOF option than APSC and smaller formats (I'm not going to use the term "DOF control").
  • better DR
  • better suitability to TS lenses than APSC
  • cropability and FF & crop mode in same body

Individual photographers will have their own suite of reasons, and they may not be interested in all of these.  Could people please recognise that we don't all share the same reasons for wanting an FF mirror-less but that all these reasons are valid even if you're not interested in all of them.  (It's also valid to not want an FF mirror-less camera.)  Personally I'm getting really keen to see the real products......

Regards, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow