DaPonti wrote:

moimoi wrote:

For those of you interested:

More info here

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k3/pentax-k3A.HTM

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Moimoi

It'll be interesting to see if they license the selectable AA filter to Olympus and Sony. I-R makes a good point too: if you remove the AA filter layers, you should (ever so slightly) improve the light transmission.

I think the Pentax can be a serious competitor over Sony, for new comers in the DSLR gear. If and only if the camera is able to produce a very low level of noise in both stills, video and also s/n ratio about sound channels. Because you can control the recording level of separate channels MANUALY. What the A77 is unable to provide (only the A99 can do). It's a key point for broadcast applications (perhaps a detail that non-professionals not see right away).

And of course, the commercial success of this camera would be.achieved only with an high accuracy of the AF sensor design, and if the camera is able to produce tack sharp video in a friendly mode (what you can also achieve with Sony if you have required skills).

So... finally I have to change my idea - except to the fact that Pentax colours are mostly over saturated in-camera (usually colours are in-camera PProduced already, without any ability to adjust personal settings, is the worst point of this brand, but to be confirmed again, or not, if so) - it's seems to be a good camera, so time will tell...

Regards,
--
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow