Getting NEX FF wouldn't improve my low light performance?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
RonFrank
Senior MemberPosts: 1,495Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting NEX FF wouldn't improve my low light performance?
In reply to dpyy, 9 months ago

There are some technical reasons why FF Might improve low light performance, but in a word NO that is not an advantage of FF.  There are a few reasons why one may consider FF but by in large it is just a slightly larger sensor that will cost maybe $1000 more to own.

I am certain anyone purchasing a FF NEX will be back slapping themselves, but IMO it is a big waste of $$$ unless there are significant improvements to the build quality of the FF Nex.  If the FF Nex has a seriously pro level build, alum substructure, fully sealed, ect, that maybe a reason to purchase a pro level FF Nex.  If it is a Nex with a bigger sensor, same build quality as the current Nex6 than IMO that is not much of a reason to go bigger.

The Nex is a real nice sized package. Adding size to the sensor will make the package bigger.  Kinda the wrong direction IMO.  I have a Nikon DSLR which is a great, but a big package.  Why do I want yet another lens footprint that results in a bigger overall package? Sony needs to improve PDAF. I see little advantage to a FF sensor if it cant track like a DSLR.   I'm thinking of a Nikon 1!

RonFrank's gear list:RonFrank's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow