A challenging HDR shoot .... comments welcome...

Started Oct 11, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,393Gear list
Like?
A challenging HDR shoot .... comments welcome...
Oct 11, 2013

I was asked recently to take photographs of the workshop for the engineering/manufacturing company that I work for. The building (and some of the machinery by the look of it) is over 60 years old. The lighting was very difficult, a combination of fluorescents, windows and translucent panels. The workshop itself is dark and dingey - not the easiest of subjects. The K5 handled it brilliantly, set to HDR. I mounted it on a tripod (of course) with the DA18-135. I took a total of 140 images and every single shot was 'usable', not one rejected during PP. However it was a very time consuming operation. Some samples below. All images were processed in ACDSee Pro 6 using batch processing - a very underrated program.

For 95% of photographic tasks I believe the K5 series cameras are the equal of any, and superior to most, APS-C cameras on the market. I am confident the K3 will take care of the other 5% to make it the best APS-C camera bar none.

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow