ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YonathanZ
Regular MemberPosts: 318Gear list
Like?
Screen monitor recommendations?
11 months ago

Hi,

I have a mediocre Samsung T220P monitor with pretty bad colors and absolutely terrible viewing angles.

I also have an iPad Retina (4th gen), whose screen I absolutely love. I transferred all my Lightroom images to the iPad today and was shocked how contrasty they looked on the iPad and how dull they looked on my computer monitor.

I read the iPad Retina screen review by DisplayMate and they say it's an excellent display with coverage of 99% of the gamut range (or whatever it's called) and excellent factory calibration.

For anyone having an iPad with a Retina display (either 3rd or 4th gen) and who also has access to a properly calibrated, IPS-panel computer monitor, can you confirm or refute the claim that the iPad indeed produces accurate, reliable colors?

If it does that, are there computer monitors that won't cost like a good lens that do that as nearly as good?

Unfortunately, calibrating my current monitor is out of the question as the side panel with all those buttons doesn't work - I had to internally disconnect it from the panel in order to stop the monitor from randomly turning off (the side panel was randomly sending a "turn off" signal or something).

Thank you.

YonathanZ's gear list:YonathanZ's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow