Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,805Gear list
Like?
WA
In reply to Petroglyph, Oct 11, 2013

Petroglyph wrote:

I like a lot of those specs. Maybe we'll know more next week. Going to need a high quality WA for landscape on that 36MP ver.

Yes, that is the one I am interested in, and since I already have the high quality WA (Canon 24TSEII) what I am most concerned with is seeing how the offset microlenses deal with retrofocal projection (perhaps the tradeoff for shallow/M-mount success is lesser performance with adapted SLR lenses?), whether or not corners are occluded, and (strangely enough) how the 28-70 "kit" lens performs.  In this respect, I want to know if it makes any sense to treat the A7r as a replacement for my EM5 when it comes to winter landscapes.  Weather sealing, check... but is there close to 36MP of goodness to be had when compared to my "modest" 16MP with the excellent (kit!) Panasonic 14-45 (28-90)?

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WANew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow