Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,659
Like?
Re: A7/A7r sketch on SAR
In reply to PVCdroid, 9 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

Disappointed in the design if this is close to correct:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-a7-a7r-sketch-shows-the-real-camera-design/comment-page-1/#comments

I'm kind of let down if this is going to be the new high end mirrorless design from Sony.

This isn't the 'high-end' mirrorless design.  The '7' in the product name and the sub-$2000 price (for the A7) demonstrate that

There will doubtless be a totally unaffordable ($3000?) A9 released at some point in the future for the seriously wealthy.  Perhaps that one will be a bit prettier?

No Tri-Navi and the VF dome is huge. Is this just to draw in the DSLR design fans?

Yup.  Same design brief as the A3000...   make it cheap, give it lots of features and make it look like a DSLR, because the punters we want to bring-in won't buy it if it doesn't

Yuck. The vote results are not in favor of the new design either. I really like the VF on the camera side. What's up in that gigantic dome if there is no mirror? It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think Sony care much what you (or I) think.  They are off chasing new customers as the ones they currently have clearly aren't good enough for them

Maybe after the Oly buyout the idea is that the people who like rangefinder bodies and small lenses should all dump E-mount and buy Oly Pen cameras instead?!?!?  (though I'd rather go for Fuji)

I hope that a NEX-7 replacement, if it happens, keeps the same design and controls.

This is the NEX-7 replacement

If you are lucky you may get an A5000 at some point next year with an APS-C sensor, a respectable EVF and LCD and maybe a few nice gimmicks all sitting in another DSLR-style body

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow