Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
Re: Exactly
In reply to LeoGotCamera, Oct 11, 2013

LeoGotCamera wrote:

Guys,

sorry, but I don't agree with your logic. Property owner can impose any rules,

Correct, it's there property, they can impose any rules they like, as long as they aren't breaking any laws or forcing anyone to break any laws

but they need to make sense.

No, they don't actually need to make any sense.

We cannot just blindly accept whatever somebody with authority says to us.

Absolutely. If you disagree with the property owner's rules, don't blindly accept them, go somewhere else that is friendlier to your endeavors.

For example, if the owner of the mall puts a sign that people of certain race are not allowed inside the property - would you say "Hey, this is private property and owner has a right to do whatever they want"? Actually, malls had such signs 100 years ago.

See the part about breaking laws.

On the other hand there should be rules that make sense like regarding appearance (you cannot walkin naked) or carrying a weapon.

So you do agree that the property owner has a right to impose rules governing the use of his property. Now, what if the weapons rule doesn't make sense to someone who is an avid second amendment defender who has a carry permit? Does the no weapon rule still apply?

How about the walking naked rule to someone who is an avowed nudist? Does the must wear clothing rule still apply?

In my opinion common sense does not work in this case - why DSLR is prohibited and smartphone is allowed?

They are choosing their battles.

I seen plenty of people snapping their pictures and making videos with smartphones inside the mall and security was ok with them.

It doesn't have to make sense to you, it only has to make sense to the property owner.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow