I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rwbaron
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,829Gear list
Like?
Re: I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...
In reply to Wheatfield, 10 months ago

Wheatfield wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

rb59020 wrote:

Huffingto Post

"Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday that if he were back in the White House, he would work with Republicans and Democrats to secure more funding for affordable housing and urge more flexibility in resolving differences involving the critical issue."

Do you really think the Tea Party nutters would be a part of that kind of strategy. They aren't looking for compromise. They are just out to humiliate the Obama Whitehouse. Nothing more, nothing less. Jimmy wasn't a bad old sod but didn't he learn anything from the Iranian thing. Try to do the right thing by the Republicans and they will steal your wallet while your back is turned.

"I would work as harmoniously as I could with other members of the Congress, and with both Democrats and Republicans, to figure out how we can face a time of great deficits."

They are not the same GOP as in Jimmies day. Give in to them and they will just find more ways to strangle the government.

Not exactly from the Obama playbook.

Obama is doing exactly the right thing. You don't negotiate with terrorists.

I never thought I would miss Ronnie Raygun. He'd be ashamed of the party he led if he saw it today.

Raygun would be branded a communist and would be chased out of the repulitard party today. This is how stupid the republitard party has become.

I agree.  A dysfunctional group of old white Christians and ignorant rednecks doing the bidding for the 1% thinking they can resurrect the America of the 50's and 60's.

Bob

rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow