How many still shoot film?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Roar Arne Velle
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: How many still shoot film?
In reply to Fogsville, 9 months ago

In replay to Fogsville:

I have used flatbed a lot for big formats. There the flatbeds as V750 is good enough, but for quality 6x6 film scanning I find it not so satisfactionary. The Photo Museum in Ålesund, Norway use light box and D800 with good result. They are in the work of copying/digitalising 60000 old plates from my fathers work from early 1920'ies to middle 1970, covering local history. During 20 years I did a non profit job of making and giving pictures to historical magazines, book and some private too. The old plates have no value if someone is not doing that job. Now, this job is handed over.

Yes, developing plate film in dark in trays. is easy for BW, but not so much for colour. The temp. and time control needed is difficult. But doing the magic by chemistry is fascinating. Thank you for your input and thoughts. Good luck.

Roar Arne Velle's gear list:Roar Arne Velle's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow