Starting to REALLY enjoy this manual focus thing!!!

Started Oct 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vajrasattva
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Like?
Starting to REALLY enjoy this manual focus thing!!!
Oct 11, 2013

Thanks to a suggestion on the forum I decided to move from AF to MF.  I also decided that I would really play around with DOF on the SEL50mm to take full advantage of developing a new perspective on taking shots. I've had to practice heaps and slowly slowly, I think I am getting somewhere. What amazes me most is the very narrow margin of error with an aperture at 1.8. So as the Nepalis would say "bestari, bestari."  I think I might need one of those Zeiss lenses (ie the 24 or 32) soon - I'm sure they will make all the difference (yeah, yeah). Don't think I need that a7/a7R gadget that's supposedly coming out though 

These were taken in my garden, or close enough to my garden to consider it 'mine'. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I want to continue to develop.

Heavy crop.  I'm very grateful to the fly not only for dropping in but also staying still long enough. I slightly missed the focus on him, but I can live with it.

Banksia seed pod. OOC jpg with vignette added.

Thanks for looking, Jane.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow