SB-700 is dead. Any suggestions?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DesertLefty
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
Re: SB-700 is dead. Any suggestions?
In reply to windsprite, 9 months ago

windsprite wrote:

My SB-700 will not turn on. There is no start-up whine, no nothing. It's completely dead... My SB-600 and SB-800 work fine with the same batteries. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem when I first got my SB-700's.

Apparently if the SB-700 is completely discharged it can take up to 15 minutes to come alive after inserting new batteries. So, put in a new set of alkaline batteries, turn it on, and WAIT. It *might* come back alive!

See my old thread for more details: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3092211

I also found that my SB-700's were MUCH more intolerant of rechargeable batteries than any of my other Nikon speedlights (SB-600, SB-800, or SB-900). Even name-brand NiMH's that worked perfectly in my other flashes were not dependable in the SB-700. Just because the batteries work in another flash, doesn't mean they'll be OK in your SB-700. Weird, but true.

I've since switched to Sanyo Eneloops and haven't had a single problem since. I now love my SB-700's. Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow