What does the Sony SLR community think of the Pentax K3? Locked

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,142Gear list
Re: What does the Sony SLR community think of the Pentax K3?
In reply to Michel J, Oct 11, 2013

Michel J wrote:

Well, with a 24 MP APS-Sensor, what do the job of the AA filter, if not the lens itself! Btw, I have SERIOUS doubt about the Pentax sensor resolution to achieving 3000 lp/mm! Ditto for the shaking amplitude...! is much more remarkable with such sensor, so... It's seems to be you never compare your FF handheld VS tripod? Wow!

Ask Sony, they have done this with the Rx1 and Rx1r, so nothing wrong about this.

Whether you have serious doubt is one thing, but the truth is that there are no final reviews for this camera yet, so I would rather wait than making such a statement. Look at the samples #3 and #4, the K3 associated with the 70 mm f/2.4 does very well when it comes to resolution and resolving fine details (as good as my a900 actually)

Link to full res. samples

Wow, no offense but begin to use a tripod first, before thinking about AA filter!

What does using a tripod has to do with the discussion? Off topic.

What kind of problem can we afraid with such a resolution *_o Limitations of lenses? l0l

To be honest, the difference between a camera equipped with AA or without AA filters is noticeable. The extra sharpness you can get is never gonna be detrimental in the photos you take.

What's the need to have two slots, does it change IQ?.

It certainly does NOT hurt to get two slots. raw + jpg, raw + backup raw, raw + wifi (card), etc. Again, it does not hurt to have two slots.

Take also a look to the price of Pentax lenses...!

Off topic

Wow, do you wants to PP 8 fps in raw? You have two life maybe, or someone do that for you?? Be carefull of your health, staying behind computer many hours/days/month and maybe years if you add TV sessions, have consequences...

Off topic and irrelevant in the discussion.

I don't like this kind of thread, where the game seems to asking people,

Just a reminder, nobody forces you to take part of this thread.

but having already an intransigent opinion for real. Anyway, that dosen't wants to change the low rated IQ of Pentax.

I think your last statement shows more about your ignorance about what Pentax can deliver (and I am not a Pentax fanboy).

Again, check sample #4 from Link to full res. samples

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Moimoi

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow